Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mistook a INFp for ISFp

Hi all,

One update before I go into this post's topic: if you have a question or topic you want me to write about, go ahead and put it into the comments. I'll write up a post about it as soon as I get the time.

One of the more interesting things I've realized in the past couple months is that I mistyped a person as INFp, when she was actually ISFp. INFps and ISFps look basically identical. Just look at their descriptions:



......just to list a few.

As a side note, this perfectly justifies the "Look-alike-relations" between ISFp and INFp -- the "Look-alike" comes from the fact that they look alike!

Here are a few differences between INFps and ISFps, if you need to figure out how to tell these two types apart:
  • Ask them to take a typology test. I usually don't trust these tests since people often don't know themselves well enough. However, people usually have a good idea of their strongest point, which is their dominant function. So these typology tests will help with determining the first function of an ISFp vs INFp (ISFp will have Si as dominant, while INFp will have Ni as dominant).
  • ISFps usually complain about how they need to be better at predicting developments of situations over time (Ni as super-ego), while INFps often complain about their physical condition (I'm SO tired, I'm so HUNGRYYY -- actual statements from the INFp)
  • How they show love. ISFps will make sure you're well-fed, comfortable, in good physical condition. INFps will tend to create drama, delaying the "official" declaration until the "perfect moment" (Si, body senses vs Ni, time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...