Wednesday, January 29, 2014

An ENTP's "Life Rules"

Hey all,

Today's post isn't about socionics in particular. It's more about...rules that I live my life by. For several years now, I've been trying to figure out what rules I should be following in order to succeed. These rules aren't set in stone, but I thought I'd publish them here before I'd forget:

  1. Time management is a myth. It's all about speed. Speed. Speed. Speed. Do what you need to do as fast as you can, as early as you can. If there's a homework assignment due, get started on it immediately. If there's an important TODO, do it!
  2. "Flow" is important. I define flow to be the appropriate sequence of work that fits your energy fluctuations. Humans aren't machines. You can't just arbitrarily schedule work to be done. The work needs to have an order to them that'll conform to when you're active, when you're not so active, etc. As a tie-in to Socionics, this is all about Se.
  3. Physical condition is extremely important, and relevant, to how well you work and how well your brain functions. As a tie-in to Socionics, this is about Si complementing Ne.

    As sub-rules: sleep is never a waste of time (Never!). Always eat when you're hungry. Always shower if you're feeling unclean, or a need to wash up.
  4. Ask yourself: Are you willing to exert yourself to accomplish some goal? This is actually an important one for me. Most of the time, I do wishful thinking about the things that I want to do, not realizing that I might not have the time or the energy to actually accomplish it. So this important question acts as a especially nice reality check.
To conclude, I'd like to re-publish what I use this blog for. It's just an area for me to jot down my thoughts anonymously. For the first few months, psychology was the only thing on my mind. But that's changed now. My mind goes over a much broader range of topics now. To reflect that change, I'll be writing about anything that I want to write about. Anything's game :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...